Thursday 5 June 2014

a one hundred and twenty ninth story...'norman's nineteenth love letter'


Dear Rosalind:

My beloved.

Just a quick note with the VIP (very important person) invite to my book launch.

Would probably make my year if you made it - I can imagine you now dressed in furs, pearls and so on, leaning elegantly on the bar at the Slug with an elaborate cocktail (perhaps with a lotus fruit) in gloved hand, simply looking damn fine!

Please, please, pretty please?

Geoffrey Archer will speak (so glad he agreed - apparently a bit strapped of cash; though I am paying him in sausage rolls), as will I (do you think I should film the occasion?).

Oh! And how could I forget the important bit: I will also be reading an excerpt from Two Broken Hearts (like the title?) and signing copies for all and sundry.

Will write in full again soon.

Fritz needs walking, or destroying - starting to wonder which would be best.

Yours infectiously,

Norman.

... society man and host.

No comments:

Post a Comment