Tuesday 4 February 2014

a seventy first poem...'a very small piece of history'

So - quickly -  here’s what
Happened...About five minutes
Ago I was chatting in the
Laboratory with my assistant,
Jimbo. We were experimenting
With shrinking objects,
Both animate, and inanimate.
Well, Jimbo needed a
Whizz – he had drank half
A bottle of Ice-cream
Soda. And when he was out
Of the room, I began
Idly playing with the dials
On the ray-gun – very foolish!
Suddenly, I guess, there
Must have been a power
Surge, and in a blinding
Flash of magnesium-white
Light, I was ‘diminished’,
To about the size of
 A European ant. Now,
Jimbo had left
His near empty Styrofoam
Cup, on it’s side, atop the laboratory
Table. And I went to sit on the
Lip. To wait for Jimbo to
Return. And reverse the
Situation. However, when he came
Back into the room, instead he’s
Gone and picked up his cup, not
Noticing little yours truly, and
Sent me sliding down the inside
Of the thing, in a sticky
Sluice; has put the plastic
Lid on and has begun slurping.
His straw is a goddamn vacuum!
Any time soon, I…
…could…be…
a…very…small…piece…
of…history.

No comments:

Post a Comment