Monday 15 April 2013

a twenty ninth poem...'just my luck'

My first proper wallet
Lives in my pocket
Along with a ball point pen
That once stained
The inside of my leg
Blue,
And a piece of graph paper
With the name, number
Of a girl at school
I want to ask out,
Can’t
(Yet)
Bring myself to.
She has big breasts,
Wears her shirt unbuttoned,
Pencil tie
Loose,
Smokes roll ups
Behind the CDT building,
(I've heard)
Her friends are into
Drug abuse.
(Marijuana, Hemp, Weed
Grass)
We’re in the same Maths class
- I borrowed her set square
..Once
Since then I’ve been saving up
Two (three?) months;
For when the fair’s in town
I’ll take her on the whirling waltzer,
Maybe the tea cup ride
Show off my aim
On the coconut shy
Win her a stuffed toy
(I don't know why).
But!
It would be just my luck
If my awkward guts
Play a mean trick
And I end up going home with nothing more
Than a toffee apple
(You could break your teeth on)
And a candy floss stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment