Wednesday 24 April 2013

a thirty second poem...'jeff, i love you too'

Jeff,
I love - you - too
…But:
We don’t spend quality time
Together any more
(I mean, when was the last occasion we made love
On the living room floor?),
And
We don’t laugh as much as we did
(All you go on about is your wretched
Income lid)
(I mean, why don’t you just
..Get a new job?)
Then
There’s Bob –
He’s been very sweet with me,
 And let’s be honest
You can be
A short-sighted prick
..Some days..
Jeff
I want to kick
Your goddamn walking-stick
From under you, guess
What?
I even want to boot you
In your forty carat crotch,
Smash your (faux) golden pocket watch
With a claw-hammer.
 (I mean, what happened to all
The promises of glamour).
Jeff, 
I love you too
...But:
We’ve never been shopping
In Piccadilly Arcade,
For diamonds, pearls
A girl’s
Best friend
I mean, I would follow you
To the bitter end
But for Chrissakes!
You ain’t worth much
In the marriage stakes.
Jeff,
I love you too
But here’s your wedding ring back
You no good fuckin’ screw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment