Thursday 25 February 2016

a one hundred and fourth new poem ... 'shadow man'



I came back from the corner store
With a tin of biscuits, knocked upon your door
Waited…
Like a shadow man.
I heard the swish of your dress
Thought: Oh God, I’m such a mess
Waiting…
Like a shadow of a man.
The bolt slid back and through the crack
I saw your eyes as dull as mine
Searching...
For a shadow in the hall.
I traced the lines worn in your face
Kissed your lips, you sensed my haste
Two shadows...
In the waste of all the years.
Later, we went out on the Reeperbahn
I took your hand, you took my arm
Danced...
Until the daylight disappeared.
You can’t pretend that all this time
You’ve been unalone, with me this time
Lingering...
Like a shadow man.
You can’t tell me now, that was then
How it cannot be so again
I’m waiting...
Like a shadow of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment