Thursday 21 February 2013

a sixty fourth story...'ant-ony'

My name is Tough.  Well, thas my nickname. 

..I was born Ant-ony. 

Yeah, Ant-ony.

Tone for short. Right? 

Norf Middlesex Hosbital.  6AM, I fink

..don't remember.

Ha.

Any'ow, now I’m firty free, awll grown up.  


Wife, kids; well..

..My wife..

..we aren’t livin’ togeva anymore. 

Nah.  She left.

Wiv the kids and all!

My little pride and joys.

Yeah. 

Awe.

Ver’s Joseph, whose ten – looksa bit like his Dad. 

And Tina, she’s seven, maybe eight, takes after her Mum.

Ha.

Well, I 'ope not!

Ha.

Leavin’ upstandin’ men such as my goodself in ver lurch.

Nevermind.

Yeah..


..Yeah

I ain’t doin’ so badly vough.  Gotta job at Cartridge World. 

Yeah. 

I can almose tell ya anyfink aboutya Laser printah.

Do atehundred D P I I can.

Best scanning facility in town. 

..Vas us.

Cartridge World.

Also I am..ver..resident..‘ouse expert on ‘ewlett Packard.

Yeah.

..

Betchya my old mates wouldna bet I woulda fallen on my feet.

Oh no!

My name’s Tough, you see?

Innit.

Yeah..


..Yeah.


You see this?
 
Yeah.


In A Past Life I was a differen’ Animal.

Me. Yeah.

Betchya couldn ‘t guees wha’.

Yeah?

Yeah.

Fought not.

Me.  Tough they useta call me.

Why?

Er, Why, yew ask?

Ha.

Yeah.

Well, it’s like this.

I.

Yeah.

I was a part-time ‘ard man for ‘ire.

Useta do all ver jobs.

Me. Yeah.

Ya see?

Useta make people ‘who wouldn do what I sai..

..well, what the boss said.

Useta make ‘em row across ver Thames inna shoppin’ trolley.

Yeah.

Got holes in hasn’t it yeah?

Yeah.

Useta make ‘em propa brick it.

'Tough' - vey would say - ‘Oi Tough, please don’.  I’ll pay up.  Honest!’

..Respect.  That’s wot I ad.

Yeah.

Useta call me Tough an’ all.

..

..

Now ain’t so bad though. 

Nah.

‘cept not seeing the kids an’ awl.

..An’ ver wife.

Yeah.

..

Vat hurts.

Even for a tough guy like me.

Yeah..


..

Laser printas, eh?

Nah.

Not quite the same is it?

Nah..

Yellow airtex.

Yeah.

Nah.

..

Nah

..

..


..

Fuck it.

Fuck it, an' all!

No comments:

Post a Comment